1) Licensing Your Music – Generating an Additional Income Stream (Full Description)
WATCH THIS VIDEO NOW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jocN34Vt67c&feature=youtu.be
2) Webinar: Live Music Streaming to Grow Your Fanbase (Full Description)
WATCH THIS VIDEO NOW : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQdN-_1I4jw&feature=youtu.be
3) Webinar: How to Live Stream Your Music & Get the Best Sound & Video (Full Description)
WATCH THIS VIDEO NOW : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq1-GmFwXBs&feature=youtu.be
4) How to Market Your Band 101: Tips and Plans (Full Description)
WATCH THIS VIDEO NOW : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vF4KTVYCh0&feature=youtu.be
1) Licensing Your Music- Generating an Additional Income Stream
Sunday Jan 5, 2020 3:15-5:15 pm
PRESENTED BY NEW MUSIC ALLIANCE AND WESTERN MASS SONGWRITERS COLLABORATIVE
CALLING ALL SONGWRITERS!
MUSIC LICENSING WORKSHOP: Generating an Additional Income Stream
Have you written music you’d like to license? Would you like to write original music for films, TV shows, or commercials?
What We’ll Cover:
• Portfolio-building (representing yourself and your work)
• Working with Brands (who are the different players involved in the licensing process)
• Finding & approaching Clients (Where to start, making a good first impression, networking)
• Composing for TV vs. Film vs. Ads (aesthetic and technical guidelines for each)
• Legalities & Negotiation (What to look for in a contract, what is a fair percentage)
• Making money (How much can you make from licensing, how do you get paid)
Workshop Panelists Include:
Will Bangs- Owner, Music Box Licensing: A locally-based music licensing company
Alan Day– Musician/songwriter w/ band “Four Year Strong”; licensed music
Steven Schoenberg– Musician/songwriter licensed music for films/TV(Sesame Street….)
Jon Carroll– Musician/songwriter/Grammy Award Winner- (licensed music for films, TV & commercials) (songs recorded by Linda Ronstadt, Kenny Rogers, etc.,)
Mark Sherry, Moderator; Director, New Music Alliance & Producer of Valley Music Showcase
Location: 33 Hawley St. Northampton, MA (Northampton Center for the Arts) Downstairs meeting room (entrance on left side of building)
Cost: $15 (no one will be turned away for lack of funds).
Registration: www.newmusicalliance.org OR https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-to-license-your-music-tickets-83940059979
2) Webinar: Live Music Streaming to Grow Your Fanbase
Date: June 18, 2020
This webinar, a followup to our last webinar “How to Live Stream Your Music”, is presented by the New Music Alliance. The Alliance is a 501c(3) non profit whose mission is to assist the careers of local Western New England musicians who write original music.
Live streaming your music has become a must-do in the era of COVID-19. But why not use the power of your live streaming events to build your fanbase? In this free webinar, band branding and music marketing coach Kara Kharmah of PRIA will present the essential steps you need to take to get maximum results from your live music streams.
This webinar is for musicians and bands who are looking to get the most out of their live streaming efforts. It is for those who are looking for strategies proven to radically increase fan engagement and, ultimately, revenue.
In this webinar, you will learn the principles of how to:
1) Envisioning your goals and translating them into action
2) Connect with your target fanbase
3) Create streams that engage fans
4) Make a plan that is both effective and attainable
5) Promote your streams
6) Turn fans into supporters
This is a ZOOM WebInar- Open to anyone- FREE- Tips for the presenter will be accepted.
TO REGISTER: please go to:
If you’d like to find out more about what the New Music Alliance does please visit our website www.newmusicalliance.org or our FB page. And if you’d like to support our work please consider becoming a member or a sponsor. THANKS!
3) Webinar: How to Live Stream Your Music & Get the Best Sound & Video
Date: May 28, 2020
In these Coronavirus times live streaming your music is almost a necessity for musicians. Whether you’re a beginner or have some experience this webinar is for you. Local musician Jim Henry and Pro A/V Engineer/Musician Shawn “Gundy” Gundersen will share their live streaming experience and knowledge with you.
Their experience will help beginners figure out how to get started as well as help anyone live streaming to figure out how to get the best sound and video possible. They will show you how they’ve worked out solutions/workarounds to issues that we all face in getting a high quality live stream. Jim and Shawn may not be live streaming industry experts but they have dealt with and worked out the issues that you’ll be facing.. Whether you only have a smart phone or you can afford some other equipment this webinar is designed to help you bring your music to the public in the best possible way.
Shawn says: “My goal (in this webinar) is to show folks how to create a simple set up with phone or tablet and how to get the best sound out of it, using good lighting, getting the settings right in Facebook Live, and talk about some possible options for better sound. Really focus on trying to keep the set up simple and effective.”
The format of the webinar will be:
1) Shawn Gundersen’s Live Presentation ~ 30 mins
2) Short Q&A ~10 mins
3) Jim Henry’s Live Presentation (a summary of his video and some additional tips) ~ 20-30 mins
4) Q & A with both JIm and Shawn ~15 mins
PLEASE NOTE: Jim Henry has produced a video entitled “How to Improve the Audio of your Live Stream” that is available on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz0p0Usr8X4. We STRONGLY recommend that you watch this video BEFORE you attend this webinar.
This is a ZOOM WebInar
TO REGISTER: please go to https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ZaTHl3oEQtyHgrwRwc-I-A.
4) How to Market Your Band 101: Tips and Plans
DATE: May 29, 2019 (Wed.) 7:00-8:30 pm
Bands-Solo Artists, Duos
Dream of Making it Big?
There’s Help out There!
The New Music Alliance Presents
a FREE Workshop!
HOW TO MARKET YOUR BAND 101:
Tips & Plans
@ Falcetti Music 1755 Boston Rd. Springfield, MA
Ideas will be shared by a distinguished Panel of Musicians and Music Industry experts including:
Peter Newland, RCA & Atlantic Recording Artist- FAT, RadioX
Peter Sikowitz, Flathead Rodeo
Carla Racine, The Buzz & Honey Pot Productions
Kara Kharmah, Pria Music Marketing
Ben Goldsher, Hawks and Reed Performing Arts Center
Silvana Gravini, Silvana.net Marketing
Mark Sherry, Valley Music Showcase: Moderator
Some of the topics we’ll discuss include:
-What is band marketing — and why do you need to do it?
-What is an “elevator speech” — and why do you need one?
-What are the key components to include in creating a plan to market your band? (And how do you prioritize those components?)
-What can you do to get your band to stick out from other bands?
To register: www.newmusicalliance.org
For more info: email@example.com